Jeff interviews Eilif Trondsen, formerly with SRI and Strategic Business Insights (SBI). Eilif is both an international innovation consultant and futurist. He discusses EdTech, trend-spotting, and how to build your own professional network for a purpose-driven Echosystem.
Some topics discussed include:
- The current state of EdTech where Eilif believes the industry is headed (1:45)
- The opportunities emerging worldwide for people to jump into EdTech as providers and users (5:30)
- How individuals should prioritize their own continuous learning and what criteria should they use to decide what to learn and where to learn it (7:45)
- Suggestions for how someone could stay ahead of the curve when planning their learning (11:30)
- The values that motivated Eilif’s work and how he made career transitions (15:15)
- What advice Eilif has for those who want to improve their professional network and develop an ecosystem (19:30)
- How Eilif decides who are the right people to trust and collaborate with (23:00)
- Advice for mentoring others (26:45)
- Eilif’s journey to America (29:15)
- How to evaluate companies you might want to work for (31:50)
Check out Strategic Business Insights to learn more about Eilif’s work.
Are you enjoying our Interconnected Individuals podcast series? Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes so you get notified when new episodes are released.