Jeff Interviews Cathy Pearl, head of Conversation Design Outreach at Google and author of Designing Voice User Interfaces to discuss her views on AI, Voice User Interfaces (VUIs) and emergent opportunities in the field of online communications.
Some of the topics Jeff and Cathy discuss include:
- How the use cases of voice interface have exceeded business applications and help us personally in the day to day (1:58)
- Cathy’s book – a guide for people trying to develop voice interface applications (3:11)
- The challenges of designing voice interfaces that interact with humans (4:05)
- Cathy’s “bigger picture” for voice and how it can truly help people (7:00)
- The future of work and career opportunities for people in the VUI field or who hope to enter it (9:00)
- How students in universities right now should prepare for a career in the VUI field (11:40)
- How VUI can help improve empathy and enable people to have more fulfilling lives (14:30)
Are you enjoying our Interconnected Individuals podcast series? Don’t forget to subscribe on iTunes so you get notified when new episodes are released.